The Bears traded Thomas Jones to the Jets. Now, I understand the concerns, particularly monetary, that accompany this. Yes, the Bears which are historically an extraordinarily cheap franchise are paying Top 5 draft pick money for a guy who hasn't done much, larger because he hasn't really needed to (and has had some injuries to contend with and possibly somer personality issues). I really want to see the Bears compete at the highest level next year and I worry that this trade is premature. And not so much that it is premature, but just dumb. It's one thing to decide to trade a guy: but you need to get something back in return. This trade reeked of the desperation that surrounded the Cubs trade of Sosa and got Hairston, Jr. in return. The desperation was based on the Cubs obvious desire to get rid of Sammy at all costs (wise or not is another debate) but where's the desperation here? A guy who essentially carried a team to the Super Bowl is only worth a 2nd round pick??? 37th pick overall? 37th pick? Someone help me see what I'm missing.
On another note,
Jenna Bush hopes her book inspires people like Anne Frank's book. Further evidence, that intelligence has a STRONG genetic component. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070306/ts_alt_afp/afpentertainmentusbush;_ylt=Ahjs3L2KjS9.uFx.c92EWsR_ws8F
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's not even Thomas Jones for a 2nd round pick. It's Thomas Jones and the Bears 2nd round pick for the Jets 2nd rounder. In all, they actually moved up 26 spots for the cost of Thomas Jones and his contract. I'm not crazy about the deal, but then again I don't have to pay his salary.
Post a Comment