Before I delve into the actual teams selected, I wanted to highlight two GREAT moments of selection sunday that if you weren't careful you might have missed (and your life would be incomplete)
1. Noah's (from Florida) post- SEC championship win interview. My opinion of him was always somewhat low (I think the hair might have something to do with it combined with the name...) But he spent the first 2 minutes dancing as if he were in a club, not a basketball court and then proceeded to give the most obnoxious interview I can remember. I know Florida's good... talented and experienced, but I hope someone knocks them off) While the whole interview was nauseating, including him saying the words "haters" and "you know what I'm saying" at least 5 times in a 2 minutes interview, the best part was when his teammate Al Horford got one question, "Would you like to make a case for a #1 seed?" and Noah reaches in, grabs the microphone, and YELLS something to the effect "It don't matter baby, you can seed us whereever you want, we'll still win" I was waiting for the word "haters" to come out. Check youtube... I'm sure there's a video of his dance at least.
2. On the polar opposite side of the spectrum, there was the interview with Nevada's coach and their best player Nick Fazekas. This was right before the selection commenced, so they probably had a pretty good audience. The coach seemed normal enough for a college coach... but the "best player" of the WAC etc (they had alot of accomplishments) was about as devoid of emotion, excitement, or a pulse as was humanly possible. I don't think I could look that dead at a funeral of loved one, let alone on national television on one of the most exciting sports days of the year! I thought maybe once he talked it would get better, but no, he's like a marvel... NO emotion. NO excitement. I'd be fairly confident NO pulse. Now I don't watch much WAC basketball (shocking I know) but I really want to see this guy play because it's really hard for me to imagine him being any good. He doesn't know the meaning of the words PASSION, HEART, EXCITEMENT (all things that make college basketball great). Granted he's 7 ft tall and the best player of the WAC etc etc so it would be interesting to see.
I'd love to see an interview with Fazekas and Noah.
The actual selections will be the subject of the next post when I find some more time...
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment