I feel as though a real post is necessary to get this thing started.
So today amid my three pre-approved credit cards, bills, and miscellaneous random crap, I had a letter from Valpo. Office of Student Affairs, interesting.
So I open it up and all that it is a solicitation for the Valpo fund. All in all, usually something I could just throw away. But I actually read it and I have some suggestions for Valpo in order to improve their success rate.
It starts with a normal generic opening about why people come to Valpo... so far so good.
Then a paragraph break into an underlined sentence: "Think back to your own experperience on campus, to the people, to the activities, to your dreams" I'm not sure this is an effective marketing campaign measure. As I thought back, I remembered the reasons I wouldn't give money, the people, the activities, the broken dreams...
The rest was pretty generic. It just kind of made me laugh.
Ironically it was signed by Dean Jenkins (obviously I doubt he ever saw it) but I just thought the "personalized" touch worked against them.
I hope I get some fun mail again tomorrow.
Monday, March 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment