When something will just bite you on the ass.
So I looked at previous posts because I remember writing about this particular meeting, but it must have been an IM conversation because I did not see a post. For this quarter, we have 6 evening 2 hour seminars, where we learn about ethics. Basically it's required by the federal government, pass/fail where you pass if you show up, and dumb. About 150 first years in some science field are in this class and divided into groups of 10 or so. At the first real meeting of the group, which was after my 4 hour MARATHON midterm (ie I was tired and ready to go home), there was a guy that annoyed the absolute hell out of me. I would call him the most annoying human being I've ever met. However, since I was grumpy based on that final, that MIGHT be an exageration and perhaps I've met someone more annoying in my 23 years. So I will call him ONE of the most annoying human beings I've ever met. So tonight started the 6 evenings where 2 different groups presented. And let me say after class and working all day, NO ONE want to spend from 5:30-7:30 in this room. You're hungry, tired, done. So after it was done, I waited in the lobby to see if the two people that I occasionally walk home with since they live nearby was heading home (but it turns out they had to meet with their groups to prepare). So while I was waiting, the previously described annoying person comes up to me (let's call him MAHBEM (Most Annoying Human Being Ever Met). I don't want to talk. I particularly don't want to talk TO HIM.
MAHBEM: "I think we live in the same building"
Amy: (disinterested/halfhearted) oh
MAHBEM: "The 1700 Building"
Amy: (disinterested/halfhearted/please go away) "Yeah I live there"
MAHBEM: "I know because I saw you walking in there. I'm on the 18th floor..."
Amy: (mumbles as walking away) I'm on the 15th.
Let's recap: My building which is full of elderly people and a few (minority families-- both asian and black) whom I have no real acquaintances in and have felt secure in my level of annonymity, is where the MAHBEM lives. And he knows I live there too. Now if we run into each other on the elevator the polite conversation will be more forced/awkward. When I'm wearing my bikini to go to the roof for sun I know have to worry about someone I know seeing me. Of all the places for him to live, WHY my buidling? Of all the people in the world for me to meet in my bulding, WHY the most annoying human being I've ever met?
Maybe I should send Juan up there....
I hope he doesn't think this mean we're going to walk home together. If I have to be a bitch so be it.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment