So I have somewhat avoided speaking about the Cubs because they are doing really well. Like most things exciting in my life, I'm not able to really get excited for them. But still, I do not want to jinx them. Ask anyone, I'm real good about jinxing things. REAL GOOD.
But for those of you that do not follow the cubs, this is priceless. I've spent more time than I should (ie like 15 minutes) trying to find a picture worthy for this post, but I can't. I'll try to describe the incident in words, but believe me, the picture is priceless.
So Aramis Ramirez is running the bases. He is not a small man. As anyone knows, as you round the bases... running from 2nd you watch the 3rd base coach to know whether to go for home. So Aramis was watching the ball as he rounded 3rd. This is probably a fairly normal error. Here comes the kicker: The 3rd base coach wasn't watching the runner, he was also watching the ball in the outfied. So picture this you have two men watching the play in the outfield. The only logical thing that could happen: They collide. Like hardcore. Like the 3rd base coach was knocked on his butt. Aramis slightly injured his chest but continued on to score.
What the heck is the 3rd base coach doing, I wonder. I mean really you don't notice a large man charging at you? Even if you're not watching the runner like you're supposed to be, you don't HEAR him coming? Before you're on your butt? I find this astounding.
I thought anyone would be an improvement over "Wavin Wendell" Kim, but I don't think Wendell ever ended up on his back on the field.
Monday, May 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment