
So I started off with a picture of what a lab bench looks like. This actually isn't from my lab at UC but from Cincinnati, but if there's one thing that true, lab benches and desks generally look the same. You have a workable area and then on top of it are large shelves (sometimes cabinets) where you store supplies such as boxes of gloves, tips, tubes, etc-- Things the labs use alot of. It's so standard that I really don't even think about it. So when a friend and I were early to class, I wanted to check one thing at my computer and invited her to come with me to my bench.
The first thing she remarked on (and by remarked on I mean laughed and said Amy!) was the fact that apparently the supply that was stored over my desk (which I had been at for almost 2 months and not noticed) was Pregnacy Tests. She found this hilarious. I didn't really even understand why it was that funny. I mean I do... But it was just part of the surroundings for so long that I didn't even think about it. So this is a notice to look around you and you might notice some entertaining/surprising surroundings.
As those of you who know alot of the "sagas" in my life, there's one in particular that almost always has the pattern of whenever things are going REALLY well, I will get sucker punched out of no where and be really miserable. Its almost a fail safe pattern. The good/bad news is that pattern seems to no longer be relegated to only that situation but all aspects of my life. School has sucker punched me and I'm working to try to get through it. I think it's ironic that the last post on here was "looking up"... Just when I first start to feel confident in my abilities and think I might make it here, BOOM... sucker punch. I thought they were limited to one person, but apparently they are not. I'm trying to get through it...
No comments:
Post a Comment