Saturday, May 5, 2007

One day at a time...

So a couple of weeks ago I discussed my decision to attend a UC kickboxing class at 7am on Friday touting my willpower. That week I decided I needed the sleep for the presentation more than the calorie burning. However, this Friday, I attended. First as someone who has attended a really great Kickboxing class I can confirm that this isn't one. However, as someone who walks at least 2.5 miles daily and believes I'm in reasonable shape... I can no longer pretend that that's the cases. I'm in awful shape. This I find depressing. There were ALOT of lunges that were done... and as I was afraid of today, my legs feel like wooden boards. Bending over/going up or down stairs makes me grimace. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get out of bed. But I was. So it's kind of cool, knowing that my muscles were really used yesterday (for the first time in god knows how long) and I'm going to try use them more regularly. On the other hand, my soreness today is a reminder that I'm only fooling myself when I believe I'm in good shape. But I'm going to try to move forward on this path...

On a related and entertaining note, at Woodfield yesterday afternoon I saw a shirt that on the front said "I only run" and on the back "so I can eat an extra piece of chocolate cake" I was tempted to buy it. There are those that believe working out is "relaxing" or "a good release" I'm more in the camp, "it's a pain in the ass that I only do so that I can look good in clothes/be healthy/eat that extra piece of cake"

No comments: