Sunday, July 29, 2007

Elevator Choices

In a large 40 story building with 4 elevators, it's pretty much a given that everyone who is moving is going to take the elevator. Honestly, I love being active (and at work I often take the floor...even 6 floors) BUT I have not once been on the stairs at this building. I do not even know where the stairs come out on the first floor. So all of the elevators are very modern and fast, but they are separated into 3 "lobby elevators" and 1 "freight" elevator. Theres one door in between the two groups. I'm a big fan of going with whatever what is the quickest wait. Granted the freight elevator is less "pretty" (no mirrors, tile, etc) and has padded walls and crappy carpet. But really who cares right? Apparently it is somewhat of a big deal. I came in from the garage (in the basement) and saw that all of the 3 main elevators were on random floors. The freight elevator was just sitting there. No brainer, I push the button. I had come in from the garage with another couple... they seemed very nice. I push the button for the freight elevator. They push it for the regular elevators. Mine opens immediately. They do not get in. I've never seen anything like it. Why would you wait for another elevator? I've never seen it happen before. Usually people are grateful when you get a quicker elevator. What would drive someone to wait for another elevator??? Too good for the freight elevator? People in general baffle me.

No comments: