So my normal fun exploits and stories have been curtailed since I have been working extreme hours... that leave me exhausted. That said, the past two nights after working 10 and 13 hours respectively, I SPRINTED to the Metra station to go downtown for holiday related Taste events. And since my laptop bag is like a pack-mule bag, I couldn't run until I ditched the bag (which I did on Tuesday--Monday I lugged it around downtown). When I was "sprinting" with the bag, it actually amounts to powerwalking. I don't think you're picturing the right kind of powerwalking. Think PAINFUL shins. Think, passing a BIKE that while moving slowly started with a 1.5 block ahead. And I passed it. My calves are tough. In fact, I would put my calves up against anyone's. What every girl (and guy) wants, killer calves.
So last night when I watched the city of Chicago set off $100,000 of explosives, I grabbed some food at the taste as I ran to meet a friend on the lakeshore (again literally running). I got there around 8, but as I mentioned I had grabbed some food. While I was eating, it was quite windy and crowded. While I was eating the wind (which I had previously not noticed) swept away the two plates that I had. They smacked the woman on the blanket ahead of me. It was not at all funny, yet impossible to not laugh. The woman was PISSED and obsessed with the idea that something was now ON her back. Luckily, she assumed that the plates came from far away. Initially, I tried to apologize. I gave up when I saw how angry she was and that she thought they came from further away. Carissa, however, continued to try to apologize and then I shushed her. I should point out, there was no damage to the woman. It was an inadverted thing that was caused by the wind and millions of people downtown. And the fact that she was so irate about it, was just funny.
Of course, in case you think I enjoyed it too much, I proceeded to wait almost an hour and a half in the rain for a bus home in crowds of people after being gone from my condo for almost 16 hours, 12ish of them being spent working my ass off. So I'm doing well. Working hard. Playing hard. Missing hard.
Happy Independence Day to you all.
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment