Wednesday, July 25, 2007

People Shock Me

I'm sure this doesn't surprise anyone, but people generally just shock me. In many ways. But recently the absolutely rudeness of some people just BLEW me away. On the packed bus home last night, this woman on her cell phone had her groceries sitting on the seat next to her and not once offerred to put them on her lap or on the ground near her feet. Add to that she was taking up two handicap seats. Seriously, how can you not offer to move your groceries when there are people without a seat?? The day before I had two bags of groceries and a large shoulder bag/briefcase and I stuffed myself into one seat to make room for others. She was on the cell phone the entire time and never acknowledged that she was significantly inconveniencing other people. Who does that? I could NEVER do that. Um, we don't live on an island and if you aren't reasonably thoughtful for others, you'll end up screwed more than once I am sure. Usually people are fairly pushy on the bus and I was WAITING for someone to either move the groceries for her or sit on the groceries. Didn't happen... further proof that nice people generally finish last.

No comments: