So if you recall my entertaining encounter in DC regarding the odd lady who thought I would have to be married to be traveling to DC, I saw her a SECOND time in the elevator (in a large high rise hotel). So I most definitely have an uncanny ability to run into *odd people in the elevator. In my building there are 4 high speed elevators for 40 floors. Very efficient. The odds of seeing the same person are pretty small. So imagine my surprise when coming home from work this week, I shared an elevator with... the opposing realtor who sold me my current condo. This woman was awful. On top of that she has a highly entertaining name... My mom and I called her Crabtree, not because that was her name, or that she looked like a tree, but simply calling her Crab (her honest to god last name was just too easy/inappropriate) was not an option while keeping a straightface. This woman embodies why I think most people dislike realtors. On top of that, she was just so condescending and "crabby"-- She had the act down to a science and acted like Hyde Park-- and this building-- is her god given territory and everyone who sells (or wants to buy) uses her. She was probably my least favorite part of the whole buying process.
And sharing an elevator with her and a prospective couple looking at a unit on the 36th floor, brought back floods of great memories... I was slightly worried she would recognize me, but that was foolish, as naturally she did not remember someone who paid her a crapload of money less than a year before. And she was pulling her same comments/tricks that she did a year ago. Clearly nothing has changed (still exhausted, overworked, about to retire, etc). WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment