Sunday, April 8, 2007

The Count is On

This upcoming week will be an intense one. In a class where I'm woefully under-prepared for (in terms background knowledge) I'm giving the major lecture (as part of a team of 2) on Friday. I'm not looking forward to it. Additionally, the material that I'm supposed to use is STILL not available. The kicker is the guy that I'm assigned to work with is not a super genius or anything, he's a nice guy, BUT he's kind of a spazz. And by "kind of a spazz" I mean he freaks out/worries/obsesses about EVERYTHING both things worthy of such actions (which are few) and things that are not (which are many)
So starting last Thursday he started on when I wanted to start meeting to plan the presentation/lecture. As I already said, we CAN'T do anything until the subject material is posted (which it's STILL not). So I said we should plan to meet for the first time on Tuesday morning. He seemed fine with that. He said he would email if something came up. As I sat here watching the Amazing Race, my cell phone rings. My mind goes through all the people who I'd be excited to hear from. I look at the caller ID: It's him. Time #1. The number of times he called before a final in quarter one where he knew all the material and I had NO IDEA what was going on was about 4 times in 24 hours. It was almost insufferable. And apparently it's already started now.
Any guesses on how many calls I'm looking at by Friday?


And no, I didn't answer, I wasn't about to miss the end of the amazing race for something that we can't even discuss yet. Plus I'm confident he'll call again. It's only a matter of when.

1 comment:

lonewolf said...

"Spazz, you are the last to mentally arrive. I'm sorry to tell you that you've been eliminated from call consideration."