Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Exhausted

I almost forgot to post today! I have a powerpoint presentation to pull together before giving it tomorrow that I haven't started and I can barely hold my eyes open. However, I wanted to stay up to see Eli on Letterman tonight so I was going to start the presentation until 10:30 and will finish it in the morning. I hope Eli is worth it. And just in case you thought I was lounging tonight, you'd be wrong, I've been TAing and you know willing my eyes to remain open. The idea of not being chained to a computer is so attractive! It's odd, I love my laptop and looked forward to getting it. Especially since I was used to having a desktop. The reality is now though I'm never not really by my computer. Even if I watch TV, the laptop is here. It can be good to listen to radio or things like that, but still, it's like perpetually being at work. I think I might institute a game before I leave to guess how many messages I have in my inbox when I get home. There will be 3 ways to win as I have 2 work email accounts (related, but not the same) and my personal email account. I have 47 today (not counting immediately worthless ones I deleted already) today in my one work account. Most needed responses. That's alot of emails. Throw in the other accounts and phone texts, I'm constantly connected. Ok, I have to make some slides and i HAVE to get some sleep. I know I teased about substantive posts coming but I just couldn't get it done today. Tomorrow doesn't look better, but soon...

No comments: