Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Christmas in February

Sunday was the Super Bowl and today was Super Tuesday. I wonder if there is such a thing as a Super Monday? I don't think so. Most Fridays are Super I think, although some are more super than others. Today though I was like a kid in a candy shop just eating up all the political coverage. I can not get enough. Period. I'm also quite confident I could be at one of those desks and giving "insight" that is just as insightful (if not more) than some of the commentary. I love it though. It's a pretty great way to wake up to an away message celebrating that its super tuesday. It's just a fun time to be a political junkie. And there's so much coverage that you can't even enjoy other exciting events (valpo v. butler)
Despite all the excitement going on, work is still work. Vacation countdown is still a primary focus. However, there are just so many things going on in the next three weeks (some expenses) that I'm just so excited. Leslie visits soon. My first public speaking engagement. Possible some new appliances and health expenses. But still just exciting. I'm upbeat-- despite my ongoing frustration with the public transportation of South Florida (you would think it was a third-world country for all the trouble we are having getting from the airport for a remotely reasonable cost) Expect some more substantive posts in the coming days, whether it relates to politics or the ethics of being paid for a speaking engagement.
I hope you enjoyed Super Tuesday. Go watch some CNN.

No comments: