I know that this happens to everyone.. where you make an assumption and you don't even necessarily realize you're doing it and the next thing you know you're saying or doing something that when you realize the actual situation you just feel like a complete jackass. It's not a great feeling. It's combination of embarrassment and stupidity and I'm sure you know the feeling. The feeling of being a complete jackass though is somewhat rare.
Usually, to achieve that COMPLETE jackass feeling you have to do or say something that causes it. Just making an erroneous assumption (but not acting on it) rarely causes it. I say RARELY. Today I had such an experience.
Obviously I've had a not a great couple of weeks. There has been one mini-situation that has been a sort of pleasant distraction. Luckily, while many people know that its been a pleasant distraction, I didn't ACT on or say anything to make it uncomfortable. But at the end of the day I just felt like such a complete jackass. At least it's a relatively private jackass feeling (although that doesn't change the feeling)
I come home and hear about the recent Cubs debacle. Talk about feeling like a jackass. I'm almost embarrassed that I love that team. I will probably comment fully on the sitaution later... but i will say that it's interesting that Big Z's and Barrett's locker are very close to each other (I think just Howry is between them if I remember correctly) and both Z and Barrett have 2 compartments and howry just has one. So that's going to be a good situation for sure.
Friday, June 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment