Something you probably don’t think about living in a highrise, very often there is work done on the outside of the building that requires workers to either rapel past your window or use scaffolding. If nothing else 4 times a year they wash the windows and spray anti-spider/insect stuff on the outside. Usually you get notice in advance of these events along with the usual advice: “You may want to close your blinds during that time period” I never do, but I usually do take an extra to get dressed in the bathroom with the door shut instead of walking around in my towel like usual. And since it’s quick time periods it’s not a big deal. I often wonder how much they even look in the windows anyway, because with all the windows I would just expect that they don’t even look. I mean maybe if you were having sex in the window, then they would notice but I doubt they go looking for who’s walking around in a towel.
So the other day I was having lunch with a friend of mine who also lives in a highrise in HP and they are doing a lot of outside work on the building. And she has had 2 incidents with the window people. The first one she was not expecting and was just sitting at the table doing some homework when there was one in the window. Now the entertaining part of this is she was not wearing pants. Rather than draw attention to this she decided that remaining seated was the best course of action (and I agree). But it made me laugh. And for those of you who are wondering who doesn’t wear pants, give me a break. If you live alone and you’re hot or if you’re changing and just don’t want to put shorts on, you just don’t. I’ve done it. I suspect others have as well. The second incident she told me about made me laugh more. So she had closed all the blinds (having learned the lesson from the unfortunate pants situations) but that’s kind of gloomy so she left one open by the fire escape because they certainly can’t rapel or do anything there. Right, so apparently she was folding laundry and not wearing ANYTHING in this room (this I will confess I’ve not done. I mean I’ve walked around in a bikini and topless, but never spent considerable time completely naked, but each their own. Anyway, a guy comes walking DOWN the fire escape. The just stayed still and claims he didn’t look in.
So there are just a few of the fun concerns of living in a high rise. I hope you laughed as much as I did when hearing these stories, but its possible you will have to had experience them for yourself (ie the creepy window men)
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment