There is a hilarious "amy" story forthcoming involving breaking the law, being chased by the police in a dune buggy, and screaming pre-teen girls. So look forward to that. I was planning on using that for tonight's post, but after reading Cub's.com I felt forced to comment on it. You can go to Cubs.com and read the actual story if you want, but I will give the quotes and then the Amy-comments.
Regarding the "fiery" exchange between Barrett and Hill:
'"What happened last night was nothing, I mean absolutely nothing," Piniella said. "I'm surprised it even made news. Fifteen seconds of conversation, nothing more, nothing less."
It looked rather animated.
"I was there," Piniella said, "and I didn't think the animation was out of character. You're playing a baseball game -- you're not playing tiddly winks. There is competition, for God's sakes.'
So there you have it: Baseball is not like playing tiddly winks. I'm not sure I've EVER played tiddly winks. In fact, I don't know how many people know what tiddly winks are. I'm not sure I do. But I'm assuming (and it does sound) boring. I liked the point tho. It's not tiddly winks.
Will Ohman's "fight" with a fan:
'Clarification: After Will Ohman was pulled from Tuesday's game, he appeared to be having an animated conversation of his own with a fan sitting behind the Cubs' dugout. However, Ohman did not yell at the fan, as reported. Ohman was upset that the man was using profanity in front of some kids sitting in the area, and was trying to get him to stop.'
Let me break this down for you, Will. If you would like the fan to stop using profanity around the kids at the ballpark, STOP SUCKING WHEN YOU PITCH. It's really that simple. And it would benefit all the kids in the ballpark because believe me, Will, watching you blow games causes anyone who knows profanity to use it. And yes, young children are probably being corrupted all over the ballpark. Does this upset you? THEN STOP SUCKING. and tell your friends in the bullpen about your newfound mission. Because they have inspired some profanity as well. So don't "fight" with fans, just stop blowing games.
Odds and Ends:
'Extra bases: Henry Blanco's rehab assignment has been delayed indefinitely. Blanco is sidelined with a herniated disk, and is still having some spasms in his arm. ... Daryle Ward is expected to begin a rehab assignment on Friday. ... Piniella skipped a postgame media session after Tuesday's 13-inning game, which the Cubs lost, 4-3. He said he was tired and had a headache. ... '
Blanco has a herniated disk in his back, but is still having arm spasms. I realize the back is connected to everything, but in light of the idiocy on this webpage, this seems odd to me.
Piniella skipped the postgame media session because he was tired and had a headache? What about the fans? What about the people that had to work the next day? I'm sorry most Cubs losses leave me tired and with a headache, but I still have to do my job (homework, work, etc). You should too, Lou. Or at least have a better excuse than "tired and a headache"
I hope you enjoy the "fun" that is the Chicago Cubs. They break my heart, but I keep on loving them.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment