Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The End of an Era

Part of who I am is that I will fight for the things I believe in. Despite the odds. If there are ridiculously small chance, I will cling to it and fight for it. It's in my nature. It explains much of what I do (think Senate).
Today is the end of the hope that I have held to for years. And it is so unfair. Occasionally there are just things that suck. Yes, there are the minor things, like rain on a day where you really don't want it to rain, that you can't control and suck and you just have to make the best of the situation. And then there are those heart-wrenching things where there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why they happen. Eventually you have to adopt the same attitude as when it rains, but it just hurts. I'm 23. I've now had two such encounters. No need to comment, I know every one has things that suck. But think election unfairness. And multiply.

No comments: