Wednesday, June 20, 2007
New Hours
I realize that most of the real world works conventional hours. However, after 4 years of college and a year of grad school classes, 9 am was early for me. Make no mistake many nights I'll stay up until 11 (or even 1) working. But in the mornings, I sleep. I didn't used to be like this, I morphed into. My new lab started on Monday. The good news: I love it. The other good news: I get home early. I've been home by 5 every day. It might get alittle later, but that's extremely good. The bad news: I'm there by 8:30 every morning. It's a longer walk (a full half hour). So I'm getting up before 7 am every morning. Plus its alot of work on my feet. I come home exhausted. And yet around 9 pm (the time I swore I would go to bed in the morning when I woke up from what felt like a coma), I get into my old habit. Next thing I know it's after 11 and I'm crawling into bed. It's a VICIOUS cycle that I need to break. Or will eventually break me through sleep deprivation/exhaustion or getting hit by a bus due to exhaustion, etc. So I'm working 8-5 and actually doing cool work. I like it. I will have this for at least 5 weeks, then I start another new job before deciding which job I want for the next 5 years. For those of you who know how I love big decisions, you know that I'm looking forward to it. My naive hope was one would just clearly stand out superior from the other two and it will be a no brainer. That's what I'm still hoping for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment