I have plenty legitimate fears and a few irrational ones. My interest/fear/curiousity of the heated toilet doesn't really fall into either category, but after today, I've tended to avoid it. I go to the upstairs bathroom (ground floor) where the bathroom is probably about 105 degrees, with stale air that REEKS of obnoxious air freshner. Seriously. At least the toilets aren't freakishly warm.
Anyway, for those of you that don't know it, one of my irrational fears (the number of such fears actually went down as bridges moved from irrational to rational) is bees. Yes, I know they are small. No, I'm not allergic. Yes, I've been stung before. No, it wasn't particularly traumatic. So to summarize, I know the sight of a bee shouldn't cause my heart to stop, my stomach to twist, and the panic of impending doom... but it does. I've had a pretty good summer in terms of avoiding them. Really no major incidences. Yet today on the bus home (I only took the bus because the humidity has to be close to 100% and I wanted to be home by 6 to listen to a radio show) I immediately realized there was a bee on the bus. In a CTA bus full of commuters I watched the damn thing. It kept getting closer. I kept planning my escape route. All the while, I noted the irony... after all my outdoor experiences, I would get attacked by a bee ON THE BUS. Luckily I escaped before it decided to take an interest in me. As the bus drove away I felt bad that unsuspecting commuters were going to be confronted by a freaking bee. And then I walked home and listened to baseball night.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment