I have always known that I'm an extremely empathetic person. That's not to say that's a positive trait or a negative one, it's just how it is. In addition (and I believe an offshoot of the extreme empathy), I have a guilt complex that I know is irrational. I feel guilty about simple things, like having a nice place to leave, etc etc. I'm not talking about guilt (like I stole something-- god help me if I ever did that, the guilt would probably kill me) it's more like guilt if someone is unhappy. So I finally joined my lab and today I had to tell the person's lab whom I'm not joining that I wasn't. I don't how upset he legitimately was or how much I projected it. His house did flood this weekend so he might have been upset about that. And I was nervous and upset so I babbled.
So now I feel guilty and that I made the wrong choice. I'm trying to get past it. I have to do what's best for me, but I'm just no sure this wasn't the best option. I need to get my butt out of this hole for the big exam coming Thursday....
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment