Sunday, August 26, 2007
I hate Spiders
As I alluded in my last post, it's spider season. Big time Yuck. Normally, I'm ok with all bugs (minus bees and mosquitoes). Obviously I would prefer not to be confronted by an 8 or 6 legged thing crawling around my condo, but when it happens, I kill it and move on. However, spider season is not that simple. From my limited understanding of the phenomenon, somehow the spiders are blown off the so all tall buildings near the lake are subjected to the spider infestation/mating season that goes on. Now no spiders actually enter the building or at least my condo, but they are ALL OVER the windows. Every size you can imagine. At any given time you can see between 5-10 really large ones crawling around like the own the place. It's gross. Numerous times I've gone right up to the window to verify that they are not inside because that would be really gross. I remember last fall they were pretty bad (they'll be ultimately over 20 just hanging there). It makes me very uncomfortable. A friend that lives 2 blocks north just commented on it, confirming that it is a lake-wide phenomenon. At this moment there are three going to town right in front of me, one right at eye level. Yesterday I believe I either witnessed a spider fight (right at eye level) or spider sex. Thank god I don't know enough about spider behavior to know which it was. I know it will get worse before it gets better. Also, there is a second spider season in the spring but it is not as bad as these couple of weeks in September. It's definitely nothing I would have ever imagined before moving here. And so you're probably unfamiliar with it and I didn't want you to live without such critical knowledge any longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment