Thursday, January 31, 2008

Colder the second time around

Since I have a work function tonight that will go until after 10 downtown, one thing I know is that I will be exhausted. So I'm posting this morning so as not to lose my streak. As other blogs have pointed out, we are in the middle of our second deep freeze cold snap. The first one stretched over the weekend where I celebrated by birthday downtown with friends. I was so afraid that it would be so cold and yet I couldn't dress in my normal 2 pairs of pants, mittens and gloves, hat and hood, etc cold-fighting outfit (bc that would not be a fun way to dress on one's night out to celebrate) So I just wore 1 pair of jeans and boots, one hat, and gloves. And really it didn't FEEL that cold. I mean yes, it was COLD but we concluded that past a certain point you just can't feel colder than cold. HOWEVER, with this latest cold stretch... it feels SO much colder. I don't know why. Maybe increased wind (I don't really remember wind last time), maybe the winter is getting old and thus feels worse. I do not know. All I know is now when I go outside, I can barely breathe because it is so cold and I feel miserably cold even through my hat and hood, etc. I really am intrigued why it feels so much colder this time. But larger than that, tomorrow is february so I am getting closer to a nice warm vacation--- I may not want to come back.

No comments: