Those of you who have been lucky enough to have some sort of meaningful exchange with me in the last month (which is pretty rare) are aware that I am planning a late winter trip. I never got to actually travel anywhere after prelims and lets just face it, I deserve a vacation. I deserve like a month long vacation, but I am settling for a 4 day weekend somewhere warm. My friend and I are planning a south florida vacation for many reasons not the least of it is how badly we both need it. (South florida- I've never been, we both have friends in the area to help make it cheaper, etc)
I have been STALKING airline prices to find the best price. There are three airports we could use and we are somewhat flexible on our dates... So while I realize the verb has certain connotations with it, such connotations are accurate. Seriously. After carving out the choices, printing them out and discussing them with my friend, THEY GO UP $50 today to over $200. I am quite angry. Not only to airlines play these ridiculous games with ticket prices (which are frustrating in of themself), but I am now LOSING the game. SO irritating. The only thing I hate more than an infuriating game, is LOSING an infuriating game. Now the dilemma is do you book with the current prices or do you want a week or so to see if there is any specials run on any airline as it gets closer. Of wait and they go up again (which would probably send me into cardiac arrest lol) Traveling is such bullshit. Just give me a nice cheap ticket. UGH. We won't even start with the frustrations with the planning the south florida arm. But any alert reader won't have to wonder about that.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment