Sunday, November 11, 2007

What a great show!

Some legs are better than others, that's just how the show works. I'm sure each is edited for maximum entertainment and suspense, but this one didn't need much help in the entertainment category. The ending wasn't all that suspenseful, but the numerous laugh out loud moments, more than made up for it.
Let me just say 2 things:
1)Is there a viewer alive that doesn't fervently wish christina's obnoxious dad wasn't the one falling in the mud and are hoping for their elimination solely so we don't have to hear him any more?
2)When you heard the line by the two blondies at the beginning referring to how hard the race was and the lack of facials and pedicures in the same sentence, is there anyone that didn't know we were in for a comically great episode?
The elimination of the minister couple was not shocking, but they were definitely not the most irritating to watch. They clearly are a good partnership (and have a good grasp of reality) but physically, they were not a good match for the race. It's one of those eliminations that you were knew were inevitable, but you weren't really rooting for it (like I admit, I'm rooting for it with Ronald and Christina.) The top physically fit teams continue to separate themselves and let's just say right now, as Americans we apologize to the people of the Netherlands for having to Nick's grandfather practically naked. UGGGGGhhhhhhh. He's another weird old man. I'm not dreading his elimination either. Mariella and sister are clearly poor racers and didn't get eliminated due solely to poor traveling skills only by chance. If that continues they will be eliminated soon. All in all I think this may result in being one of my favorite episodes. The mud baths and the dexterity some people had (or didn't have) in being able to hoist furniture made this leg absolutely hilarious. I can not wait until next week!

And an amusing non-race exchange from this weekend (that I spent in Indy with my college roommate of 4 years)
We were discussing a recent decision by a Label-phobic guy to officially "date" and call this new random girl his girlfriend even though she is moving out of the country in less than a month. (We are both acquaintances of the guy so there is no "we want to be that girl" sort of thing)
Anyway, I was thoroughly baffled by it and was really having trouble rationalizing it and my friend says "Amy if !*^ (commitment-phobic guy I've wanted for a VERY long time) said I'm leaving in a month, because essentially that's what he is, but I want to date you before then you, you know you'd say yes in a heartbeat."
Me: "If that happened you'd have to scrape me off the floor, help me regain consciousness, and my first words would be are you fucking kidding me. AND THEN I'd say ok. And look into Miami's new human genetics program. Kidding about that last part"
It's not quite as funny typed out, but it was really funny. Scrape me off the floor lol.

No comments: