Saturday, November 10, 2007

Delayed Analysis

Well, I was hoping to post this earlier in the week, however, it's been another busy week and to be honest, the beginning of the Race, is alittle slow. With so many teams, strategy isn't as important as later legs and luck has a tremendous effect. Obviously some skill is still needed, but its much less necessary than in later legs. That said, teams that struggle early on are generally destined for early elimination as they don't have what it takes as the skill level increases. I will say that this beginning has one major exception: Jenny and Nathan. While it was incredibly comical to watch them with their donkey, I think they are better competitors than their poor finish indicates. I believe they will be towards the front after the next leg. I could be wrong, but I think they will do well. They were among the first people to arrive at the donkeys... and watching almost every single team pass them I think will serve as a good motivation (and made for an entertaining leg) Other than that I think the tiers of teams were pretty well established, but we'll get a better picture after this next leg.

No comments: