I went to my first Cubs game of the year today. Among the highlights: Cubs winning, singing go cubs go, being at my favorite place for the first time in several months, seeing the players up close, sitting 6 seats from Chris Duhon from the bulls, and realizing how much I kid myself when I tell myself certain things don't bother me anymore.
I think this will be an excellent baseball season. Especially once we regain first place.
BTW: if anyone knows a way to get a job where you just watch baseball all day, I'm extremely interested and qualified. yes, I would give up grad school. Actually the phrase "give up" implies a sacrifice... ditch might be a better substitute.
Thesis proposal due April 30. Thesis proposal talk to the lab and my boss (to tweak before turning it in) Tuesday morning. I currently have NOTHING. I'm going to the Cubs game Monday night. I'm going to work my ass this weekend, largely because I don't think there's much of a choice. 10 pages and a 30-40 slide powerpoint from nothing... the idea is so jostled and confusing if I pull this off it will be close to mini miracle.
Valpo is in the midst of their first contested election since mine. It sounds very VERY different though. Based on reading the student paper it sounds like no one is campaigning strongly, especially because it sounds like the president is contested in name only and there is a sure winner. And he has a VP "aligned" candidate. So I'm surmising that the VP election might not really be all that competitive either. But that's fine. Let them do an election right. It seems that senate has really gone downhill since it's "glory days" (hahaha) which isn't really shocking. On that note, I hope where ever they are, the people that decided to change my life so dramatically are doing well. And by doing well I mean getting theirs. Actually writing and thinking about it rationally, I think it really does serve as a good motivation, I **WILL** be ultimately more successful and some day maybe they will truly regret for what they did. But that would imply some sort of conscience, which I'm not sure exists. Or if it exists, it certainly didn't 3 years ago.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment